Tuesday, February 14, 2012

It's Happening.

I'm getting very homesick. I don't like it. Not one bit.

Today I was texting my brother, and he sent me a very hilarious message about couple throwing candy at him and his crying and eating it because he was lonely on Valentine's day, and if I hadn't been walking back from eating dinner with my roommate, I probably would have cried a lot.

Whenever I see pictures my mom puts on Facebook of her messing around with my dad and brother, or going shopping with my Nano, I get this really sad feeling in my tummy and wish I were there. I am so used to hanging out with my family all the time, being away from them for this long makes me sad.

For the record, I am currently separated from my family for the longest time that I can recall. I haven't seen any of them in two and a half weeks. Even when I lived in price, the longest I went without seeing them was two weeks. At the end of this week, it will be three weeks I've gone without seeing them. Thankfully, parents are coming to Logan this weekend; we're meeting my grandparents here, and then going to  Idaho Falls with them for President's Day weekend. I'm so excited to see them! I'm actually just excited for this weekend in general.

Before I lived in Logan, my roommate's roommate was her sister. She's coming up here this weekend, and I get to meet her and I'm pretty excited! Also, Castiel, the dreamiest angel in the garrison, is coming back to Supernatural on Friday! I'm sort of geeking out over it, because I love him. Then I get a long weekend!

Just in case you need a reference photo of Castiel

I've been working super hard in school lately. I've been doing really well. I think most of it has to do with how much I LOVE my classes. They're so cool. The only class I take issue with is my linguistics class; my professor sort of runs the class as if we were very small children. She brings a basket of candy to class every day, and yesterday, we did Valentine's day activities all class. We have had to make flashcards and colored charts, and to review for a test once, we had an activity that involved throwing Styrofoam balls to each other. It's kind of nice though, because some of the material is actually kind of rough.


1 comment:

  1. It's super tough to be away from family. The part that bums me out the most is the fact that I'm completely missing out on watch Calvin, Peyton, and Kessie grow. I don't even know Kessie really; she was born after I moved. However, the longest I went without seeing my mom (or family at all) was eight months, and I survived. It just made those moments far sweeter.

    ReplyDelete