I always tell myself I'm going to do mad picture posts on here, and then I just get upset because Blogger's picture uploader is SO difficult to deal with. I hate it. I hate it so bad!
So anyway, here I am. It's been a while, I know. Here's what's been happening.
- I am on a major writing kick. I'm working on like, three short storing, and a couple of essay-type things that I am really enjoying. I love writing. I am having so much fun doing it. I have been submitting writing to different websites, trying to get articles published, so hopefully in the next few weeks that will come to fruition.
- I just read Tina Fey's memoir Bossypants. She is seriously so cool. Reading her book made me appreciate just how cool she is. She's very smart, hilarious, and a bomb-ass feminist. I have a lot of respect and admiration for her. I think she's a really great example for women who want to break into industries that are "boy's clubs." I didn't realize how much of one comedy was, and I think she's done a lot to rectify that. Just super cool.
- The kiosk I have worked at for the last year is closed. Boo hoo. I really am pretty bummed out. Not only because I now have to find a new job, but also because I really enjoyed working for my boss, and my co-workers were pretty cool too. I am hopefully getting a job at another store in the mall, but it will only be a few nights a week, so I'll have to find something else to supplement that.
- I bought a jumper. This might not seem like a big deal, but it definitely is. It looks really cute on me.
- I bought tickets to see Death Cab For Cutie in August! I am so so unbelievably excited! This will be my third time seeing them in concert, and I am hoping the third time's a charm as far as my dreams of meeting them or even getting them to look at me when I scream their names.
- I got bangs! So. . .pretty exciting stuff. That was a while ago, though, so not very relevant.
I think that's all as far as numbered list items go. . .
This is a new song from my favorite hip-hop artist right now. He's really smart, but his music is never pretentious or annoying or awful. I like 'im. Be warned, there is a little language. But the goodness of the song is worth it, I think.